A bridge across the Digital Divide
Life Changing Out Reach Programs & Services
It is our mission to serve families, and individuals who are unemployed or underemployed and are in need of information technology training to help them cross the Digital Divide to reach their full economic potential.
We empower our clients by offering free Microsoft and Apple work place software training, web based productivity tools via’ IT Evangelism advocacy. We aim to spread the good news about pursuing an IT career and eventually augment the much in-demand IT workforce.
This year LCORPS has embarked on our 2013 Job Creation & Helping Out the Homeless U.S. Tour.
Thus far we have:
- secured jobs for five individuals in the state of Minnesota
- provided three Cash Assistance Micro Grants for individuals in the state of Minnesota
- provided in-kind consultant services in the areas of Grant Writing and Business Plan Writing assistance to entrepreneurs, and Municipalities Youth Employment Department of Holmes County Mississippi
Hosted the 2nd Annual Holmes County Adult I. T. Summer Camp.All camps are designed to teach basic clerical skills, as well as entry level to advance business software on PC and Mac operation systems. In addition we also exposed clients to newer, cloud based productivity tools. Learning Experiences offered were:Microsoft Office 2010, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Share Point, Open Office, MAC In Business, iPad In Business, iPhone In Business , Acrobat X Suite, Creative Suite 5.5, Peachtree, Quicken, QuickBooks, Business Plan Pro, FreshBooks, Basecamp, SalesForce, You Send It, Go To Meeting, Skype, SAP, Oracle, Net Suite, Google Apps, Yahoo Apps, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, BlogSpot.
- Helped homeless individuals in the cities of New York-New York and Washington D.C. we provided food, money, clothes, hygiene needs, resources for filing for SSI Disability
- Help a U.S. Veteran find gainful employment in Atlanta Georgia
- Networked and set up partnerships in the 5 Burros of NYC, Smyrna Georgia, Washington D. C., New Orleans Louisiana, Lexington, Mississippi, Chicago IL, St. Paul and Minneapolis MN.
- Now Offering Business Coaching Programs & Services
Our Business Coaching Services specializes in educating entrepreneurs, start-ups, nonprofits and small business owners. Our services are as much about driving profit or fundraising, as it is about developing the personal small business owner. This new program will be run in MN as well as MS.
In Minnesota the Business Coaching Programs and Services will operate at the COCO MSP Headquarters office. In Mississippi the Business Coaching Programs and Services will operate from the Lexington Community Center.
- Consultancy sales of I.T. Solutions & Business Promotional Needs
2013 Budget goals to be met
I.T. & Utilities 5,000
Cash on hand 2,000
Out Reach Coordinator Stipends 6,000
Total project budget (for support other than general operating):
-$5000.00 Christopher Seymore
$55,000.00 Budget Needs
I am requesting assistance with our National Initiative Start-up.
L-CORPS is a non-profit organization whose mission is to empower men and women to reach their full economic potential by helping them cross the Digital Divide. It is also our mission to serve families, and individuals who are unemployed or underemployed and are in need of information technology training.
We empower our clients by offering free Microsoft and Apple work place software training resources, web based productivity tools and IT Evangelism awareness advocacy, which aims to spread the good news about pursuing an IT career and eventually augment the much in-demand IT workforce.
Demographics of the Population Served:
5 Burros of NYC, Smyrna Georgia, Washington D. C., New Orleans Louisiana, Lexington, Mississippi, Chicago IL, Detroit MI St. Paul and Minneapolis MN.:
1. On the Job Computer Training Programs
2. Job Seeking Assistance Programs
3. Giving Youth A Vision Educational
These programs will be made available to:
- Juniors and seniors in high school who may be young parents, or ESL, English as second language students 18 and older.
- Youth ages 6-18 Giving Youth a Vision Programs and Services
- Those whom are re-entering society after incarceration.
It is my sincere hope and prayer that you share with me in helping our U.S. Citizens find gainful employment by giving them the tools and resources they need to succeed in the new digital age.
Founder & Executive Director of